Friday, August 21, 2009

Moving into College Life

Hey guys!

Ok I'm gonna give this blogging thing a shot, the idea sprang from school (Mrs. Lauver), and Candace's amazing blog that Grandma love's so very very much so I'm copying her. :) Just know ahead of time there are no guarantees on how often I update but I will try to make it semi-regularly.

I made it to Indiana in one piece! It took two days of driving and the Harry Potter books on CD to get here but we managed it. On the way up we went through Arkansas, Tennesse, Kentucky and Indiana. The only place we stayed to sight see was Memphis. We stopped at the visitor center first which had a really cool model of the Mississippi River! It was about a mile long and it showed how the river flowed, where other river's merged into it. The dams along it and it was filled with running water as well. As we traversed the Mississippi, where I was taking great pleasures in leaping over it in a single bound, we came upon a pair of wild foxes. They were very pretty and not very shy. Well one was more skittish than the other but the two stayed within humans and that was very neat. We then went to Graceland home of Elvis Presley. We took an hour tour of the house and grounds. It was really really cool. It was an audio tour but what made it so awesome was it was filled with things Elvis and his daughter had said but it was also filled with Elvis' songs which made it even cooler. This is the famous jungle room. After leaving Memphis we finally made it to Muncie at 1:30 A.M. in the rain. Oh did I mention that we drove the WHOLE way in Indiana in the rain? The only time it didn't rain was while we were in Memphis, Hurray! We then woke up at 8:30 and proceeded to move me into my room. It took my mom and I at least half an hour to an hour of destroying the set up in my room before we were happy with what it looked like. My roommate Heather is extremely sweet and and we're going to get along just fine. My floor is coed, so there are boys living next door to me. Don't worry. I'm not stupid. Luckily I have a semi-private bathroom which means I share it with my roommate and the two girls across the hall. How nice is that? So I think I'm really going to like it here, oh and before my parents left we went to Kokomo to tour a glass factory for a DOLLAR! It was sooo cool watching how glass was made, rolled, and blown. Very fun and so worth the money. Until next time!

Love,
Valerie!!

4 comments:

  1. Yay!! im glad your having fun and had a safe and successful move in :) miss you!!!


    ~Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for the blog!!! I LOVE it. Now I'll know how school is going in your far away land. Grandma and your mom are going to be the happiest people ever. I wish you my best while you're at college! You will be great.

    XOXO,

    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valerie,

    Welcome to the blogosphere. I'm glad that you made it to school safe and sound with some fun advetures thrown in to boot. I've never seen a real wild fox, how exciting. I wish you the best of luck with your first year. I look forward to hearing about more great adventures, and I promise to keep posting pictures of little Evie periodically. Wasn't Graceland so cheesy and grand all at the same time. Here's to a wide open world for you.

    Mrs. Lauver

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Thanks for doing this blog. I will be able to see what you are up to and how you are having fun! Love you and miss you but I know you are where you need to be!!!!! Have a great adventure! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete