Sunday, September 15, 2013

Living the Dream

Hey all!

I can't believe that I have graduated college and I am living in Orlando Florida working for Disney! Its a crazy ride that we call life. All I can say is that I love it here! The only real complaint is I don't particularly enjoy working nights but past that I really love it here. The humidity is just like home and for the most part people are really nice. Everyone at work is great, a bit weird sometimes, but great. We come from all walks of life and are all at different stages.

OH, so I work at Disney's Hollywood Studios at the Magic of Disney Animation. At this attraction I perform a live show, load the drawing class, color pictures, park strollers, set up the drawing class, load the live show, and answer lots of questions. My favorite questions are: "Where is Toy Story?" "What is this?" "Is this the exit?" "Can I get to Tower or Terror?" or "other language". I seriously wish I spoke spanish. It would be so useful! The only things I can tell the guests in spanish is "Pelicula, dies minutos. Mickey y classe de debujar. Which is a really broken fragments of what our attraction is. Also, izquierda is left and derecha is right. So I can kinda give them directions. My outfit is mostly fun and quite a bit unflattering but that's ok.
That's right, I work this this guy. My boss!

Also, I see them every day! However, Frozone and Mr. Incredible are hilarious

I have five roommates in my very first apartment! They are all super nice and we get along great. We celebrated Tara's birthday at Epcot. Lauren and I are going to celebrate our birthdays at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. It should be super fun.

Alex and I are doing really well. Neither of us is sick of the other and we still enjoy seeing each other every day. Things are pretty smooth and we do actually do some stuff with other people. Alex works at Animal Kingdom Lodge in quick food service and is super jealous of my job. His roommates are nice and they think I am awesome because I play video games. Which I think is kinda hilarious but hey, I am awesome.

What else to tell you? For the first time Disney celebrated Friday the 13th by Unleashing the Villians. It was total CHAOS. It took me 2 hours to get to work, then the park filled to capacity. It was more of a mob scene than a park. There were mixed emotions for the guests and the cast members were going crazy. I got to see the fireworks which were PHENOMENAL and so I was really happy. That is, until it became 12:30 am and I realized I still have 45 minutes left a work. I am worthless past midnight. However, I kept smiling and trying to pretend like I was awake. A security guard told me I looked like I was having too much fun. I told him that I was pretending to be really energetic so I didn't crash! Overall it was an eventful evening.
My new villian ears

For those who are wondering, I am not sick of Disney. Nor do I think I will ever be!

No comments:

Post a Comment