Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Long Weekends

Hey guys!

So I have had my first long weekend at college and let me say it was strange. EVERYONE goes home! So the campus was practically deserted. Friday wasn't bad, I went to Greeks with some friends named Natalie, Blake, Steven and Trevor, and then went and saw UP and had some fun. Saturday I got really homesick because I had practically no human contact and it was just a bad day. But on the upside I talked to my mom for two hours and introduced her to skype which was a ton of fun and definitely helped so much. Sunday church was great, we had a break the fast which was an interesting experience but a very good free meal. I am really loving the church group up here. They are so sweet and inviting and Angela (the only other freshman) and I get along very very well. Monday was good too, the YSA (Young Single Adults) had a get together at the Jacobson's house. Their house is gorgeous!! I wish I had taken my camera to take pictures. The live by a pretty good sized lake and we were able to canoe on it. We also had bar-b-que and different games. We also had our family home evening lesson there which was over charity and it was rather intriguing. I then went back to the dorm and managed to do my laundry in 1 hour! I have also learned that making my bed is an absolute pain! So, now I'm back to doing homework and what not but I have to say the night everyone get back from a long break is crazy. The dorm had never been so noisy and it was rather entertaining as I was watching band kids try to learn the dance to thriller for marching band. Oh and I got a most wonderful surprise! Morgan, Sarah, Michelle and Alyssa called me and were all talking to me at once! I think I only understood half of what they said but it made me really happy that my friends called! I then called Ashley and was privileged to hear her wonderful voice before turning in quite content! Until next time!

Love,
Val

No comments:

Post a Comment