Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cheerio Ireland, Hello London

So we safely made it to London! By the skin of our teeth again. I have never been in an airport that is SO SLOW! We had a little over an hour to check our bags and get through security. It took the whole hour...we were the last people on our plane again. The irony was, after we got on the plane we had a technical difficulty that lasted another half hour so we would have made the flight regardless.

In London we did not do much because we arrived after 1 pm. We went to our hotel and then had lunch at Nandos. Which is a delicious chain here!!! It uses a peri peri sauce that is just so yummy. I cannot accurately describe these foreign flavors (I think they are African, but don't take my word on it) but there were very delicious.

We then went to the London Study Abroad Center and got my student ID card. I am officially an international student!!! Haha! I also got to meet both of my professors and explore where I will be living. I will have little to no privacy so I will get to know everyone pretty quick I think. It should be loads of fun though.

After stopping at the center we did a little shopping. I found the London Disney Store and got this awesome mug/matching coaster. Then we went to Sweeny Todd with Michael Ball and Imelda Staunton (Umbridge!!!). It was amazing. Every actor played out the emotions and thoughts perfectly. Sweeny was the creepiest guy and the Judge was even worse! Umbridge was a fantastic Ms. Lovett. She is only like 4'8 but boy she packs a punch. I walked out of that musical chilled and creeped out but in a good way. After the show we stood back stage and got everyone's signature. So I have officially met and received a signature from Umbridge! It was fantastic!

I think I may be in England, not sure though.

Donald is guarding the store!

So is Mickey!
So I should warn you. This London hotel does not have the best internet so I may not be able to update everyday but I will keep this ball rolling and make sure to keep blogging! Love you lots :) Keep reading my blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment