Friday, June 22, 2012

What a Glorious feeling I'm...Happy Again

Yesterday was a gorgeous day! It had a 40-80% chance of rain all day and we missed it all! We were quite proud. We got off to a late start but after all the running around we did in Ireland we were ok taking London a little slow. We headed off to my dad's work building at Shell. Not so he could get back to work but so he could take us to the observation deck. This building is right behind the London Eye (and actually obstructs it on one side) and we had a wonderful view of Big Ben, Parliament, Buckinham Palace and the Thames. It was awesome.
Parliament, Big Ben and the London Eye :)

We then proceeded to a store called the Forbidden Planet. This is a nerd store. The only one that we have in the U.S. is in New York. This store carries comics, Star Wars, Star Trek, Angry Birds, Doctor Who, Assassins Creed. You name it, they probably have it. I was like a kid in a candy store. So many ways for me to blow all of my money. It was awesome :). I did not buy much but I plan on returning. They have a letter opened that is Sting from Lord of the Rings that I am trying to decide how badly do I want it. Also a Tardis bank because it is cheaper to buy it here than in the U.S. It was awesome.

We then headed to the Golden Hind where I had my first fish and chips. I am proud to say I enjoyed it (I don't like fish generally). We tried a cod and haddock. I liked them both. The we walked a few hundred feet and we could see my cousin Carmen's windows. My dad was describing the layout of her apartment when she came walking up the street. It was pretty funny.

After chatting with Carmen we then went to Singing in the Rain. It is such a wonderful musical. I love it so much. This time we were sitting in the splash zone. We were on the second row and the actors made a point of kicking water onto us. It was so much fun!
What a glorious feeling, I'm Happy again!

This needs no introduction
Oh, also while we were running around I went to platform 9 3/4 and found a statue of Sherlock Holmes. I have not made it to his house yet but I will. Until next time!! 
Sherlock!

No comments:

Post a Comment