Sunday, June 24, 2012

Part 2 of the Adventure has begun!

So I am officially on my study abroad! I spent yesterday morning with my dad. We got breakfast and I showered before we took the bus to the London center. He helped me drag my luggage here which was really awesome. Then he gave me a hug, and headed out the door to meet some friends. Little did I know he would come back later with some handy information for me and coupons, but I was out at dinner when he came back.

I was actually a little apprehensive coming to the study abroad. I know how to internationally travel with my family and so I can be really exited. I did not know how people here were going to be except that we are all LDS. I really shouldn't have worried. I am living in room 3 on the like 4th floor. (each landing is like a floor so they are kinda half floors?) but its the lowest level for female rooms. We have a ratio of 31 girls to 8 guys. 8 guys is apparently a record. I picked the smaller half which holds only 6 girls. We are in an awesome room! Last night was like a slumber party and we all talk and get along great. I'm really excited.

Realistically we have not done much yet. We went on a walk around the area to familiarize ourselves and I had a Lamb Kabob for dinner. We walked part of Hyde Park and just cheered when ever anyone managed to make it to the center. (The east coast had bad storms so most of the people did not make their connection in JFK).

Today we went to our wards that we will be attending. My group managed to navigate the tube and train but our map to the building was just...wrong. We had no address, the location on the map was incorrect and no phone. It was an adventure. It took us 25 minutes to find a building that was 2 minutes from the train station. It was fun. I am glad that to know that we at least were reading the map correctly and it was just wrong.

Well, that is really all I have to tell you right now. We are currently working on homework and studying for our pre-test that we have tomorrow. Yeah...I have a test tomorrow and a bunch of readings to get finished so that is what I am doing! I might not be able to update this blog everyday but I will do my best! Keep checking this

No comments:

Post a Comment