Saturday, June 23, 2012

One Man, Two Guvnors

Hey guys! Last day before my program starts! Haha actually, I will be at the center in probably the next two hours but I am telling you guys about yesterday.

So yesterday, my mom went home to Texas. She had a long flight home and gave me a hug and a kiss on the forehead before heading out. I love my mom :). She made it home safely! Hurray! After she left my dad and I took the tube out to the Olympic Park. We didn't leave the station but we took a picture of where the torch would be lit and then headed out to the Monument for the Great Fire. From there we took a two hour walk around London. I am getting my bearings as to where things are. Well, sorta. It would help if my location stopped changing, oh wait, that's tomorrow! I at least know how to find most things on the map now!

After our two hour walk we went to the hotel to get rid of anything we didn't need before we went to a show. Yes, I have been to a show every night I have been in London but that is what traveling with my dad is like. Yes, I do enjoy every minute of it and I know I am spoiled :). So we saw the show One Man, Two Guvnors. It was a British comedy and I have not laughed so hard in a long time. By the end of the first act I was just crying with laughter. It was wonderful. The main character, Francis, was originally played by the same actor who is Craig in Dr. Who. Craig is currently in New York performing this show and you should totally check it out! So what made it so hilarious? Well, the main guy was a fabulous actor but it was so much more than that.

So in the first act Francis is starving he hasn't eaten in 16 hours and all he wants is some food. So he is working as a body guard but won't be paid till the end of the week and he's hungry now. So when another guy comes along and offers him five pounds a day he says yes so he can get food. Hence, he is working for two guvnors. So the first task he has to do is get a trunk inside and of course it is too heavy. So he gets these two guys out of the audience. At first he has them stand back to back and lift the trunk, so they can't see the trunk. So he stands on the trunk to make it so they can't lift it but the 25 year old actually manages to lift the trunk with him on it. So he feels his muscles and makes a joke about how one arm is so much stronger than the other. Then later he comes on stage and is asking, does anyone have a sandwich. Someone yells yes and then throws him a bag of crisps (chips). He picks them up and goes "Is this what I asked for? NO!". Then he continues to inform us that this is a play and we are not supposed to respond, the question is rhetorical. He then threw the chips in the bin and said lets try that again. The guy who had a line before he asked for a sandwich came back out and said his line again as if we had rewound the event. Francis has lost it. Oh it was soo good! Hope you guys are having a good day! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment