Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Amazing Spiderman! Go See It!


Monday was a good day! Since I am on dish crew I have to be awake a little bit earlier than normal to make sure breakfast is set up by the time people come down. Breakfast is so much easier to deal with than dinner! Most people don’t eat the cereal so its mostly cups, spoons and knives so the clean up goes much much smoother.

We had class again from 9 to noon. Can I just say that it was hard to be in class. The classes are so interesting but the first class is history. We are all so tired from constantly doing things that we are all so tired in Wade’s class. Its not that his class is boring, we just can’t follow the complicated turns of history as easily. It was a good class though. I love Frank’s class. Mostly because it is much easier for me since it is over literature and makes more sense than history from the microscopic level that we have been looking at. Mostly, English history is much more convoluted than American History.

But I digress, since I am on dish duty my only free time before dinner is noon-4:15ish. So we went on a London walk. We walked from Tottenham Court to King’s Cross. It was a fun walk. I was with Nicala, Ashley, Kristina and Christina. We ended our walk at the British Library which I wandered the free section until I had to return home to help prep for dinner. I will be going back to the British Library because they have a display that you have to pay for but it sounds amazing. They have the original manuscript of the Hobbit with Tolkien’s sketches, they have the original manuscript of Persuasion by Jane Austen, they have the original manuscript of Harry Potter. So I will be going back!!!

After dinner a group of us went to see the Amazing Spiderman. I bet you were wondering why would we go see an American movie while in London? Well, it was 3 pound 50 and it was in the first theater in London. This theater was a stage theater that had been converted into a movie theater. It had such character it was wonderful. Also the movie is SO GOOD. It is a trillion times better than the first Spiderman movies. It is much closer to the comics (according to Taylor who reads them) and just a better storyline with phenomenal actors. GO SEE IT! That was my day! No Tardis, not yet, but it will happen soon. Until tomorrow! (Or hopefully maybe later today so I can catch up!) Love you J

No comments:

Post a Comment