Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Les Mis, Awesomeness and Some Bragging.

 So this blog will cover Monday and Tuesday. I am supposed to be watching a movie but since it is 10:47 at night and I am tired typing during the movie seems to be a good idea. Plus, Wade isn't here yet. So yesterday, class until noon and then I went to the National Gallery. This gallery is a collection of paintings from all over the world. There were Da Vinci, Van Gogh, Michaelangelo, Veemer and others. It was absolutely wonderful. I really enjoyed seeing so much fine art in one place. Especially since the museums are free. I especially loved that I could see Van Gogh's Sunflower painting. I loved that it was just like Dr. Who but it did not say to Amy. I still loved it very much.

Afterwards we had dinner of chicken tacos!! They were delicious. Most of us were craving Mexican food so it was perfect timing. We ate all of it. Then I headed out to see Les Mis! We had no idea if there were tickets left but we went none-the-less. It was an excellent decision!!!! We got student pricing and it was really good seats. I loved seeing the play professionally. I never realized how many scenes my high school had to cut when they performed the musical. The singing was pretty fantastic. Eponine and Fantine did not always hit their low notes very well but I still cried during "Little Fall of Rain" and "Bring Him Home". The closing song just gave me chills and it was wonderful!!!
Les Mis!!!! We got student tickets!

Afterwards, I suggested to my group that we should go to the stage door. I got the signature of Jean Val Jean, Javert, Eponine, Fantine, Madame Thenardier, and Marius. One of the other girls got pictures of all of us and I will get the files...eventually. They were all so nice and I enjoyed getting to meet them all. Then Sarah, who is in love with Marius, took a picture with the poster of Marius and Cosette to make herself Cosette. Suddenly we realize Jean Val Jean was standing right there and he said "I need to get a picture of this". Sarah didn't realize who he was until he said, "I need to show Greg". Then she started like freaking out and he said "Oops this is a video" so Sarah went "Hi Greg". So basically Sarah is now on an actors phone and her love will see her in a photo trying to kiss him. It was a fantastic moment!!!

Today was also a fantastic day!!!!! I went to the Natural Science Museum to see an exhibit called Animals Inside Out. Basically it was Body Worlds but with Animals. It was fantastic!! They had a Shark made entirely of veins, an Elephant with the muscles kinda separated from the bones so you could see the muscles and vessels. There was a Giraffe cut into slices to see how everything worked. They had sheep, squids, octopus, rabbit, frog, scallops. Well I think you get the picture. It was fascinating. If I could have taken pictures I would have!

After the Museum, Chelsea, Scotty, Taylor and I went to the new visitor center at the Hyde Park Chapel. This Chapel is gorgeous and has a beautiful organ. Scotty played on it and the pipes are displayed right behind the pulpit. It was such a beautiful instrument. I loved hearing Scotty play on it. Then we chatted with the Sister Missionaries and explored the visitor center. It was a very small center and had some really technologically advanced things. The baptismal font was in the visitor center which was kinda unsual but really a cool place. Then they have a touch screen TV where you can see the history of the church building, and the church in England. It was really fun. They also had a sliding TV that would allow you to view different Mormon.org videos. It was really cool.

Then we went to a cafe on Queensway and got a sandwich from a deli. Then we started our journey to the Making of Harry Potter!!! You know, know big deal! We took the tube to Euston and then a train out to Watford Junction. Then it was just a 2 pound bus ride!!! It was so fantastic!! We walked through the main doors into the Great Hall. After the Great Hall we went and saw costumes and makeup. There was the Potions Room, Boys Dormitory, Common Room, Number 4 Privet Drive, Night Bus, Buckbeak, Doby, and Diagon Alley. I spent 3 and a half hours there! The audio guide was fantastic and Tom Felton was our tour guide. I cannot adequately describe the experience to me here. However, if you want a play by play that goes with my pictures...well, you will have to find me and have me tell you in person!

The best moment was when Lauren and I walked into the final room and we saw a huge model of the Hogwarts Castle! We literally stopped in our tracks, covered our mouths and just stared in awe. I have a picture of it but it is on my phone and I do not have my cord on me. So eventually I will put it on my computer. Until then, I am going to watch this movie, not get enough sleep and go to Stratford-upon-Avon tomorrow! have a great evening and I love you all!!!!
Hagrid's motorcycle!

You guessed it! The Night Bus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment