Thursday, July 26, 2012

I SAW THE OLYMPIC TORCH!!!

My free Union Jack that I am using as a sun shade. Looks more like a Pioneer bonnet though.
 What? A blog post on the actual day?!? Plus it is only 7:45 at night for you Valerie. What is wrong with you?!?! Well, I have an essay due tomorrow. So basically blogging is my excuse for not currently working on it. Hurray! The essay is actually half way done, but you know how procrastinators are. Anyway, as you can tell by my title I saw the Olympic Torch! With my own eyes! It was literally 3 feet away from me and it was totally awesome! The sad thing is...that is pretty much my entire day.

So the day started with class this morning. Most people were zombies today. Everyone has been super stressed over this midterm essay because we just don't have a lot of time this week. We have had a ton of required things that we have been doing. Last night, I was the first person in bed and I went to bed at 12:30. Most of the people stayed up till 1 am or 2 because on top of the paper we had 50 pages of reading for the same class and then an entire book for our other class. I took a nap between Wade's and Frank's class and I felt so much better! Lunch consisted of finger foods left over from the Professor Black reception. Then I went into the library and started my paper. I wrote from 1-3:30 and then I went to line up on the street for the Olympic torch relay!

It was actually almost a mini parade. The first van driving up had multiple torches and some athletes. I am assuming that they were the athletes for different legs of the relay and they each had their own torch. Then we saw a Coke Van and some other vans with music, cheerleaders, athletes and just the excitement of the crowd. It was so much fun! I couldn't believe how close we were to the torch. The athlete had bouncers around him to keep us from getting too close but it was just an awesome experience! My very first live Olympic experience. I am feeling pretty blessed.
The Olympic torch!!! AHHHHHH I am so lucky!

A picture with the actual flame. It was so cool to see it live!
After seeing the torch Megan, Sarah, Janie, Abbey and I went to Gelato Mio to get some gelato. It was delicious! I got Cioccolatte which is milk chocolate and Biscotto which is cookies and cream. It was so refreshing to have something cold and just not go back to the looming essay. We laughed and enjoyed each others company. We talked about how cool it was to see the torch run right down the street from our home and just relaxed.

Now, I am going to finish my essay! I hope you have a wonderful afternoon. I love you! Wish all of us luck!

P.S. I just made some changes to my blog layout. What do you think? Opinions are greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment