Monday, July 2, 2012

Monday, Wonderful Monday

So I will probably never say Monday is wonderful during the normal semester but here, every day is an adventure. So today we had our classes until noon. I can't quite explain to you without teaching you the subject but this history and literature is fascinating. I really did not realize how little I knew about this country. It really cool to learn more about how England became what it is today.

So my adventure today. Today I climbed St. Paul's Cathedral. It is supposed to be 530 steps to the top. I don't know at one point they start counting or if there are more steps descending because I counted 618 steps from the top to the bottom. That's kinda a big difference. It was a wonderful climb. My legs hurt but we had a ton of fun. I went with a group of 9 other people. Jace, Paul, Matthew, Megan, Sarah, Emilee, Me, Abby, and Jen. We all climbed to the very top. It gives you a fantastic view that is seriously different than the London Eye. From the Eye you see Westmister, Big Ben/Parliament and Buckingham Palace. From St. Paul's you see the Eye, The Globe, Tower Bridge, Millennium Bridge, London Skyline and just so much of the city. It is a wonderful view. I love it. So I am posting 2 pictures. The first one is 10 years ago when I first climbed St. Paul's as an 11 year old. The second will be the new picture from Today! We also went all the way to the crypt and listened a bit to the audio guide. It was just awesome for me to see the changes.

London 2001
London 2012 (don't mind my eyes it was really windy)
Millennium Bride and Globe Theater
After that we attempted to find the Camden Market. However, we totally just ended up in the touristy section and totally missed the actual market so I am totally going again and getting it right! Dinner was amazing today! We had shepherd's pie. Its the first time I have ever had it and I found it delicious. We also had zucchini one of my favorite vegetables and bread. It was awesome. Then we had an ice cream bar for dessert. I really should stop eating the desserts cause I over eat during the meal but oh well :).

I also went on a solo adventure today. I order my Eurostar tickets to get my to Disney. I had a bit of trouble with the website yesterday so I wanted to go to St. Pancreas (attached to Kings Cross) to pick up the tickets and make sure the confirmation was legit. So I traveled there all by myself and acted British. I brought my book we are reading for class and didn't make eye contact with anyone. I successfully made it to the station and printed off my tickets! Hurray!! On the way back, while the was a boy in a suit finishing to get ready for some black tie event. He had a bow tie but no idea how to tie it. So he asked the people on the car and this gentleman said he could. He had been listening to his ipad and he just left it on the seat. The gentlemen on either side kept it safe and kept people from taking his seat. It was very kind.



All in all a good day today! Hope your Monday's went well!  

No comments:

Post a Comment