Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hurray for not caring about homework!

So we have a lot of homework here this week but I so do not care! I will get everything done but I do know that tomorrow and Thursday I will not be doing much besides homework. Instead, I went on a hike in Kent. It was so much fun!! The sun was shinning. It was definitely one of the warmest days we have had yet, and we were joined by the BYU film study abroad. First though, I have to tell you about getting out to Kent.

So we left the house on time and headed to Blackfriars train station. So we got our ticket and we headed to the platform. There was a train sitting on the platform and we weren't sure if it was the right train. I actually stood on the train but since half of our group hesitated and the whistle blew, I got off the train. Turns out it was the right train. So Wade started discussing vehemently with the workers and then went off to complain to management that they had left while customers were still on the platform. A little later an announcement came on the intercom saying that they are more than happy to help their customers but if anyone is verbally abusive they will arrest them. We looked at each other and briefly contemplated if our teacher had been arrested. The answer was no but for a brief moment we hopped we would not need to finish our midterm paper.

Then, we finally made it to Kent and our hike. We started the hike at 11 am in the morning and finished at 4 pm when we got back on the train. We traveled to Eynsford Castle, Lullingstone Castle, the Hop Shop and just the wonderful countryside. The other study abroad has only 25 students. 13 boys and 12 girls. It was actually an even number and they were really nice people. I met George and Abbey. What was really exciting though was that Mallory from Divine Comedy was there! I totally got a picture with her! It only took me the whole time to become brave enough but I asked her! It was hot and sweaty but I was so happy I did it! We ended our hike in an old chapel and sang some hymns. It was really really fun. I am now sun kissed and really feel like its summer!

Eynsford Castle

More of Eynsford castle ruins

Waves of golden grain

The church we stopped at

Mallory from Divine Comedy!!!! Isn't she cute?!?
After the hike we ran home for a very delicious dinner of something that I think was chinese. I am not entirely sure but I loved it!!! Then I took a very quick shower and felt so much better! We finished our night watching Chariots of Fire on stage. It was very good. A little slow at time but it was very creative staging. I really really enjoyed it! Well, I am going to bed. Goodnight all! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment