Wednesday, July 11, 2012

 So today we went to Oxford. Where the super smart go, lol. It was an interesting place. The college and the town are spread within each other. It was really cute too. I liked it. We started at the Ashmolean museum. It had a huge display of Egyptian artifacts. The coolest thing that I found was two mummies of Roman/Greek citizens. They lived in Egypt and decided to be mummified. However, the Greek/Roman's don't believe in an after-life. They want to be remembered for the things that they did in their lives. Whereas, the Egyptian's focus on their afterlife which is why they take food, gold and servants. So the mummies had paintings of their faces on top of their heads. It was really cool.
Wall of an Egyptian Shrine

After that we walked to a Dicken's exhibit. That was really fun. I learned more about Dicken's than I ever knew and I even got to see an Alice in Wonderland through the ages. It was fun. Then I found an indoor market where I bought an Oxford Hoodie. It makes me feel smart. It's like I am British or something... It was fun. I even got Ben's Cookies today!!! It was delicious! Best cookie ever!!

After Oxford we traveled to Blenheim Palace, which is actually a State home. It was a gorgeous mansion of amazingness. Winston Churchill actually stayed there and had relatives. There was a huge display dedicated to him. It was really neat to see the young suave Churchill. There was also a butterfly house and a hedge maze!! Sadly, we did not have enough time to get properly lost in the maze but we still had a really good time.
Maze at Blenheim Palace
 After Blenheim we went back to London for a concert in the Temple Church, like the Knights Templar. It was really fun. They played a Brahms and Mozart Quintet with a Schumann Trio. It was good. So just so you know, I am going to Disney Paris tomorrow!!! I will have way to much fun, but I will not be bringing my laptop so there will be a long post on Saturday! Until then, Love you much!!!!
Knight's Templar Church

No comments:

Post a Comment