Friday, July 6, 2012

Shopping

 
Hello you wonderful readers. If you have been keeping up with all of my posts let me just say. I LOVE YOU!!!  I know that I write a lot each day and that you probably get jealous but I seriously appreciate that you keep reading! It makes it worth writing. Aside from the fact that this is now my personal journal. . I also appreciate those who just read one or two of these posts too

So today we had class until noon. I don’t think I actually got much out of it because we were all so tired. I had stayed up past midnight because I finally started gluing things into my physical journal because I want to at least write small thoughts or emotions that I may not otherwise place on the internet. So now my journal actually looks fat and well loved.

After class a small group of us (Kristina, Me, Emilee, Sarah, Megan, Sarah and Abby). We knew we wanted to go out for lunch but we weren’t sure what. At first we thought: Oh lets go get tea and crumpets! We were having an early dinner and it would be so British. I am actually surprised how many people drink tea in our group. They drink herbal and fruit teas, which is allowed, but it is still a foreign to me. Unfortunately: tea is not served at Kensington until 3 pm. You know, making it afternoon tea.  So we went to Nandos instead. Its still delicious and I am still in love with it!

Originally this was going to follow us going to the British Museum. However, we all felt that we weren’t in the right mood to go and learn more so we went shopping! Our first stop was Picadilly Square which is the British version of Times Square. We went to this famous sports store called Lilly Whites. Then we headed to Primark.
Picadilly Squa
 
Now to get you in the correct frame of mind I need you to combine Walmart, Forever 21 and Black Friday and you now have an idea about what this store is like. It was insanity. Successful insanity though. I realized that I have been over seas for almost a month now (I am soooo blessed) and so naturally I kinda hate my wardrobe. I have been cycling through the same 10 shirts for a month. So at Primark I bought two 3 pound shirts, a new purse and bobbypins for 13 pounds. The shirts are cute but not that great but I added some clothes to my wardrobe! It was just a crazy place to be. It is something to experience.

Then we returned to the center for our early dinner. We had steak, watermelon(!!) and a potato salad…thing. It was a really good dinner. We were all so excited to eat the watermelon. After dinner we headed out to go see One Man, Two Guvnors. Yes, I saw it again. I didn’t know we were going in the first place or my dad and I probably would have seen What the Butler Saw instead. It was just as funny the second time. This time though the hummus sandwich reappeared so now I am wondering if that was a plant. Either way, it was still funny. Hope you guys are having a wonderful day and enjoy the fireworks tomorrow! Love you all!
Band from One Man, Two Guvnors
Bunch of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment