Monday, July 16, 2012

Surprises, Wonderful Surprises

 
I have had some wonderful adventures in the past 48 hours. The beginning of my day on Saturday was utterly stressful. Ali and I had a train at 7:48 in the morning. We were up and out of our room before 7 and in line for breakfast. Breakfast opened at 7 and we were some of the first in and we left around 7:12 and just missed the bus to the station/Disneyland. So I started panicking but we knew it was a 5 minute bus ride and security was not going to be bad. So the bus shows up at 7:30 and Ali and I are still in panic mode but we feel better because we are on the bus. Then the bus turns into another hotel. I almost screamed. We got to the station at 7:45. Trains are in the station for only 3 minutes. We glance at the platforms and there were no trains present. As we ran down the escalator the train appears and we were able to get on. I will not be repeating this experience when I am heading home. That is for sure. At Lille we had to go through tight security. Customs was mad that we did no receive a certain stamp in the airport when we entered the country but he gave it to us anyway. So Ali and I successfully made it back to London!

The rest of the day was just relaxing. I took a nap and unpacked. I went with Taylor, Scotty and Ashley to Taza’s for dinner and went to Boots to get some medication to fight off the illness that I finally succumbed to. Then we just passed the time waiting for people to come home. I also wrote the longest journal entry in my life. I wrote about 10 pages just about my Disney adventure. So if you want the play by play I have over 1,000 pictures and I can walk you through the entire park. It was such a wonderful trip!

When everyone came back I received an absolutely wonderful surprise. So there was three main trips. One group went to Ireland, one to Ireland and a small group went to Denmark. Chelsea, Michael and Matthew went to Denmark and Saturday was Matthew’s birthday. However, when they came home they had a surprise for me. They had found a Disney store and had brought me a mug that said Copenhagen on it!!! I was soo surprised. It was the sweetest thing anything had ever done for me! I now have to figure out how to repay these wonderful people but I am definitely aware that I have made some life long friends. Matthew had a good birthday too.

Sunday was pretty normal. I went to church and was finally able to attend Sunday with the youth and I will teach them next week. I feel like they are still very young in the Gospel and I am excited to share with them and help them to learn. Sacrament meeting was also really wonderful. The talks were all focused on strengthening the family in all stages. Whether you are single, young married couple without children, or one with children. It was very wonderful and inspiring.

After church, I took another nap and continued to fighting my illness. Dinner was a really good pastry stuffed with chicken, mushrooms and gravy. After dinner was more fun. We went to a Gelato place next to Covent Gardens and it was tasty. Still does not remind me of Italy but it was yummy. Afterwords, Celeste, Jace, Lauren and I received the opportunity to geek out.

I found the Tardis!!!!!!
WE FOUND A TARDIS!!!! It is only two tube stops away from us! So we went out and took a ton of pictures and were just so happy. We geeked out and hugged it and were total five year olds. The story gets better. On the way back we had our own tube car…we climbed around like monkeys. There was a girl in the other car that just laughed at us. Jace has a great picture hanging upside down like Spiderman. It was awesome. I hope you have a wonderful Monday!!! J   
Me, Lauren, Celeste


Its real its real!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment