Sunday, July 22, 2012

Saturday is a Special Day :)

All of my days in London are fun and Saturday was no exception. We started our day at Parliament. It was my first time going into those ancient hall ways and it was really cool. The building is so ancient and beautiful. The British really went all out when they had it. Surprisingly, during the Blitz only thing that had been hit was the House of Commons. The arch that survived still stands guarded by Winston Churchill who said it should be left there to remind us all. You are not allowed to take pictures in Westminster, unfortunately but there is one room with pictures that I will upload a little later.

After Parliament, I went with Ali and Chelsea to Borough market for lunch. It was delicious and I bought more peaches which are currently down in the kitchen smelling divine. I am really excited to eat them for lunch! Then we went and took an Olympic Tram ride over the Thames. This tram gives you and excellent view of the Olympic Arena and just reminded Ali of Utah and ski-lifts. At the other side there was this attraction where you get inside a plastic ball and they place you in the Thames, so basically you are a hamster and you try to run around. It looked hilarious. I might go back and try it!
The Emirates Tram ride across the Thames!
Our turn!
One side of the Thames (Not the side with the Olympic stuff, that is on my friends camera)
The most random attraction. You get to be a hamster is a plastic ball, on water.

After that we continued until we were actually at the Olympic Arenas. You can't go in but we went to the John Lewis store to the top floor which has all of the Olympic stuff. So, naturally, I went shopping. There is also a viewing platform with binoculars that allow you to take a closer look at where a lot of the Olympic events will be held. It was a really smart move on our part to get out there since the Olympics start soon!!

About to exit the tube! Look at me rocking the jacket around the waist look.
Olympic Park! The torch, and arenas :)
The Olympic Mascot. He is now all over London.
After that we headed to Portobello Road for the market! It was really cool but also shutting down when I got there...so I have to go back! Unfortunately it is only open on the weekends...so I am hoping that I have time next Saturday! Then I spent the evening working on homework and just relaxing. Have a wonderful Sabbath and hopefully I will actually be up to date on this by tonight! Love you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment