Monday, July 9, 2012

Wonderful Friends

So today is Sunday! Well, not anymore, I was lazy yesterday and I did not blog but this is about Sunday which for the United States it was only 4 and a half hours ago. So, Sunday, was my first day of kitchen crew and they made me the captain. Basically, I am in charge of making sure everything gets done. So for breakfast, normally it starts at 8 but on Sunday there are some who have to leave by 7:30 to get to church on time...oops. So I was ready to start my job but I missed the boat.

Church was really good. It was their Ward Conference, which means that instead of focusing just on the Gospel of Christ, we focus on particular aspects that apply very personally to the particular congregation. It was a very wonderful service.

After returning from church I had a lazy afternoon. I bought hummus from Nandos for lunch and then I just went to my room and chilled out. I watched a little bit of Wimbledon, took a nice long shower and watched X-Men First Class on my laptop until 4:25. At 4:25 my crew and I went down to the kitchen to learn what dish crew is all about. Basically, it is never ending dishes... For an hour and 15 minutes I was doing dishes before I went up to dinner. This was just cleaning the dishes used to cook for 40 people. After dinner we spent another hour cleaning the 40 people worth of dishes. It really isn't that bad but it is a lot of hard work. The hardest part is after you wash the dishes you have to sanitize them in the industrial machine. This sanitizer only takes one tray at a time and takes at least 2 minutes to clean. So this takes up the most time. We are also responsible for cleaning all of the surfaces, sweeping and mopping. However, we are also really lucky. We are only on dish duty from Sunday to Wednesday. Wednesday we are heading to Oxford so there will not be a formal dinner that night! So we only have to clean up dinner 3 times and breakfast 3 times (breakfast only takes a half hour to clean up!). We really got a good bargain!

So the exciting thing of the day! I got to take Sarah, Michael and their parents around Hyde Park. SARAH AND I WERE IN LONDON TOGETHER!!!!!! It was exciting! I took them to Tazas for dinner which is absolutely delicious and very affordable. I had them eat in Hyde Park because the restaurant is very small and very popular. We then walked the park and found a statue of Alfred and Queen Victoria. I also took them to the Peter Pan statue and just had a wonderful time trading notes. They were blessed to travel to Scotland and they gave me tips about that. Then I asked them about their plans and gave my advice (what ever its worth) about what they were doing. I was soo happy that I got to see them!!!

Our Peter Pan pose with Peter!

The wonderful family!
JACE FOUND A TARDIS! I am going today!!!! (MONDAY)

No comments:

Post a Comment