Sunday, July 22, 2012

I am caught up!

I will catch up and be totally up to date on this blog!!! It is currently 11:45 and I will tell you about my Sunday!! So started out the day with church. My first time ever teaching the youth (12-18) and I was actually super excited! When I taught my peers back at school it was just terrifying. Probably because they are my age or older than me. I was really happy to be so excited and I taught them a lesson on faith. I hope they learned something. I tried really hard to get the to ask me questions and I think I navigated them pretty well. Things got a little bit hairy when I suggested that before people have a faith in any sort of knowledge our Father in Heaven gives they have to create faith in the concept of faith. Except I did not state it that well but I think eventually we got through it. I actually did not want Sunday school to end and I am so excited to get to teach them again!

After church, I went to Evensong at Westminster Abbey. Westminster was very beautiful and it was nice to hear and experience Evensong there but the acoustics were not nearly as sublime as St. Pauls. It was a seriously a cool experience. Also, I did not have to pay 18 pounds to get in! Which is always a pleasant thing to think about. What I found the most interesting was as I listened/sung/participated in Evensong I looked around at the architecture and realized I was surrounded by graves and statues devoted to secular people. It was a strange moment but I was seriously glad for the experience! When I finally do my homework and have some time to upload some photos I will show you some of the pictures I procured from the inside of the building. 

Westminster Abbey, the view behind me. that is the tip of my head as I sneakily took the picture.
The view right in front of me.
After that I walked down Portobello Road to see if I really need to go back to the market next Saturday to do some shopping. I am proud to say that not all of the stalls that I saw being taken down yesterday were put back up on the Sabbath! So it was not nearly as busy and I think I shall return because I have decided to see if I can find a first edition of Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone. If I don't that's ok and if I do that is awesome!



Sunset at the Serpintine.
Then I went for a walk with Ali, Chelsea and Taylor, for homework and just to enjoy the warm sunny day! Actually before that I received a surprised Skype call from my mom and dad! It was so awesome to talk to them. I love them both and they are so supportive of me and everything I do. It just made today even better! We walked pretty much most of Kennsington Gardens and Hyde Park. It started getting dark while we were in Hyde Park and while we were headed home we saw a row of geese in the river. They were literally swimming in a line under the bridge. Even the geese que properly here! We think maybe that is where the phrase "ducks in a row" comes from. We have no idea but it was really cool to see. Then on top of our wonderful 2-3 hour walk we returned to find cookies waiting for us!!! I ate like five of them. It was delicious and divine and perfect! Hope you had a wonderful Sabbath! I certainly did and I had really delicious homemade macaroni and cheese for dinner too! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment